Saturday, September 24, 2005

HERE WE ARE AGAIN!


We have been back in Inuvik for about a month now and we are finally settling in. It has been a rough start to the year with:

  • Tom's contract not being extended
  • The high school being shut down (it was deemed "unsafe" the weekend prior to school starting") and the school board trying to figure out what to do with 400 students and staff
  • Tom being told he may have a position
  • My classroom being used for meetings of up to 50 people and not being cleaned up
  • The local moving company backing into Tom's truck
  • 175 high school students and staff move to the elementary school and space has to be found for all of them (displacing many teachers, losing our library, etc...)
  • Having numerous students with behaviour 'challenges' in my class
  • Tom and I have both had some form of body and mind-draining flu-like illness
  • We both just want to start a life for ourselves in Ontario

We are both feeling better now and enjoying the weekend! I have some work to do, but I intend to rest and relax this weekend.

5 Comments:

At Saturday, September 24, 2005 7:08:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're life so far sounds rather exciting....not many people can say that....
I'm looking forward to chapter 2, 3, 4, etc etc.

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2005 2:01:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you haven't enjoyed the year so far, let's hope that changes. The chapter I am waiting for is the one when you go back to Ont. for good.

 
At Monday, September 26, 2005 9:54:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww....I think it sucks even more because you didn't want to go back there in the first place! Don't worry though....things will turn around soon!
Cool web site though!

I love you!!

 
At Sunday, October 02, 2005 11:48:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - - I thought Tom was kidding when he said there was snow. Now I feel bad for saying it was 28 today. Sorry!
Looking forward to having you back next year luv!

Jo

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 7:44:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys was hoping things were going smoother for U, Robyn, but it sounds like it is still a hard class for U. Cann't wait for You and Tom to get back to Ont. for good. Hopefully my legs well be good bye then. take care Jerry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter