Monday, May 29, 2006

Is spring finally on the way?

Hello all

I know it has been a while but I haven't felt much like writing recently. I became inspired yesterday at the sight of something truly remarkable!

Before I describe what we saw, I will give you a brief update of life since my last post.

I spent a weekend in Yellowknife coaching the Girls 12 and under team for a SuperSoccer Tournament. Another teacher and myself took 11 girls to Yellowknife for 4 days/3 nights to play soccer. The girls played great and came in 3rd place! Go Inuvik! This was a great experience for me, both to explore Yellowknife and to get some coaching practice. The city was beautiful and we had amazing weather! I also got to taste Tim Hortons coffee again!

Also, I am proud to say that Tom was promoted to Development Officer for the town after working there for only 5 months - CONGRATULATIONS!


Tom and also bought a cap for the back of the truck...now we can go camping.

Now, for my reason for choosing this time to write again...

On the evening of Friday, May 26th Tom and I took a drive down to the boat launch to take a peak at the ice on the river. The chunks of ice were huge, but there was no movement on the river. An abandoned car can be seen just past the slightly flooded area of the boat launch in the picture below.


The following pictures were taken later in the day on Saturday, May 27th and at mid-day on Sunday, May 28th:

3 Comments:

At Monday, May 29, 2006 10:20:00 p.m., Blogger Arctic Fox said...

I am having a problem uploading some other images and adding to this post, so that's it for now...I will try to add the good stuff by this coming Wednesday.

 
At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:54:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are great...it's very interesting to see what's happening on the other side of the world....
Tom...your great and wonderful mother-in-law is proud of you...as usual....
I was actually wondering when we'd get another update...Happy to see it's here... and now I have Wednesday to look forward to...

 
At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:49:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn,... I too am happy about the update! Love the pictures! Tom, It is very impresive that after 5 month you get a promotion! Good Job!

Jump'n Gina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter