Wednesday, May 31, 2006

More pictures of the break-up

I will email video I took of the break up if you would like to see it. Requests can be made through email or in the comments section.

This first picture is a close-up of the same car shown in my last posting - 1 day later! (Click on any picture for a better look)

Here are five pictures taken of the Mackenzie River on May 28th. These pictures were taken at 5 second intervals. Look at the log in the centre of each picture. It was incredible to see the large chuncks of ice flow past us at such a high rate of speed! (Little wonder Aklavik is flooded and had to evacuate!)

This last picture is one of my favourites - you can see the Richardson Mountains in the background past the Mackenzie River and Big Lake.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:03:00 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Wow! That must be quite a sight to see in real life. Nice to get to know you a bit.

 
At Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:52:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Pictures - thanks for posting them. Hope you guys are doing well.

 
At Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:43:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's like something you see in pictures but to witness it must be very exciting....

It's great to see things that are happening elsewhere and we're able to do it through your blog and the pictures you enter...Thanks Robyn...

Can't wait to see you....it's been a long time for me not to see you..but like I said to you the other night...it actually went by much faster than last year...and hopefully the next one will be even faster....

And Tom...remember what I told you...

Love you both.
Mom

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 4:57:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great! It took me a while to locate the car in the first one. The video is amazing too! Anyways I am glad that you guys are finally coming home! Love you both! GINA

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:27:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there...could you send me the video...I think you know the email address.....you sent it to 'Gina' and I got a glimpse of it, but I would like to take my time and have a look....send to my hot mail.

Love you guys
Momz

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:26:00 p.m., Blogger Marcel's Tales said...

Hi Robyn -- your mom gave me the link. Great shots. I love the mountain one.

 
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:56:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there anything exciting that happened since you wrote this entry.....it's time for a new one...

love ya
mommzy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter